Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Last Bean.

Welcome. The latest from the garden.
The First 2 pictures are from a week ago, and the next 2 are from this morning.









I think this is the best garden we have ever had going, and it’s only March 1st, and we still haven’t planted zucchini. Here is what we have planted: Tomatoes (2 plants), Beans(6 plants), Lettuce (8 Head), Broccoli(2 Plants), Asparagus (2 Plants), Radish (20 so far), Cauliflower (4 Plants), Peas(6 Plants), Cucumber(3 Plants), Carrots (They are like rabbits).


Lindy and I also planted over 100 bulbs yesterday. Daylily, Freesia, Tigridia and Gladiolus.
After mowing, edging, sweeping, cleaning, watering, planting, shopping and everything else yesterday (about 7 hours), I was sore. Even more sore today. It’s a good sore, but it’s still sore. I’ll be over it in a couple of days.



The storms we had over the last 2 weeks helped most of the garden. We lost a dozen tulips, Cucumbers and Beans. We had 1 bean plant survive (See the last picture).

In these difficult times, many people are looking for a place to turn. I turn to my garden, my family, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My testimony of the restored Gospel helps to remind me that as we live in difficult times, there is ALWAYS hope. The troubles we have now are nothing compared to the blessing we can we receive.

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. (Doctrine and Covenants 121:7, 8)


May we endure the storms of life well, so that we can be the last surviving bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment