Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

I thought Mother's Day would be very sad this year. It is the first Mother's Day since 1982 when I became a mother that I haven't had at least one child with me on that day. However, it turned out to be a wonderful day! I spoke with all 6 of my children (yes I count Sarah and Katie as my children-in fact they were the easy ones to raise!!). I also spoke with my neice Angel which was a great surprise. Carl and I went to church with my sister Laury and then attended her son Dallas's priesthood ordination afterwards. We then went to her house for dunch/linner (a cross between lunch and dinner). I enjoyed my time with Dallas and of course Laury and I worked on genealogy.

Even though I wasn't physically with my kids, I enjoyed the day with Carl, Laury and Dallas and thought about my mother, my mother in law and all the other mother figures I have had in my life and how blessed I am to have had this family as part of my life!

1 comment:

  1. That's sweet. I'm glad you had a good Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete