Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The heart of the matter

May 20th started out like almost every other day, except that I had an angiogram scheduled at Anaheim Regional hospital. I had already had 2 echo-cardio grams and it was determined that my aeorta valve that wasn't working properly. The angiogram proved this was the case and a cardio surgeon was called in. He convince me to spend the night and have the surgery the next morning. After spending a sleepless night, I was wheeled into surgery about 7:15 a.m. on Sat. May 21st where my aeorta valve was replaced in a 2 hour surgery. When they finished, they all stood back and watched to make sure things were working the way they should be and after a few minutes 2 arteries gave out! A double bypass was done and almost 5 hours later I had new plumbing. Son Jim drove down from Provo to be with us at this time which I really appreciated. Eight days after surgery I was able to come home where Carl tirelessly helped me out. We had dinner provided by our church friends and ladies came and sat with me in the mornings the week after I returned so Carl could return to work.

I healed quickly. Dr. Ott said I was the youngster of the group because most of his patients were at least 10-20 years older than I am. After about 4 weeks I was allowed to drive and at 5 weeks I returned to work. I feel truely blessed that this problem was discovered before more damage was done and am very appreciative of all those who said prayers, sent cards and came to visit me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I'm glad that they did catch that, and I'm happy to hear that you have re-cooperated well.

    ReplyDelete