Touch, Medallion and Lagerfield. 6 different colors and styles. All of these roses were bare root and so we are starting them almost from the beginning. It's hard to see, but they are all there. We did replant the Tournament of Roses variety since is started leaning over.Last Saturday, Lindy and I made the soil. Added all of the ingredients (Compost, Vermiculite and Peat Moss). It doesn't look like
much in these pictures, but the soil is very rich and should hold water well. I'll let you know how well in future posts. Our square foot garden is looking good, for us starters.
So far Lindy and I planted Tomato (Early Girl and Beef Master), Lettuce, Cucumber, Broccoli and Asparagus. Of course in the near future, we will have carrots and radishes and peppers. It looks like we will not have a Jacquier family favorite of Zuccinni. This may surprise many of you, but my kids make the best Zuccinni bread in the world and I will miss it.
We added some flowers to for color. The marigolds also help keep to tomoto bugs away, so 4
marigolds are planted at the base of each tomoto plant. WARNING TO PESTS: I try my best to use avoid using chemicals, but if you still infest my garden I WILL USE CHEMICALS.
We added some flowers to for color. The marigolds also help keep to tomoto bugs away, so 4
As you can see, I enjoy my garden. It is fun to make things grow, and I'm learning more every time I have one. But the best thing in the world to me is my family. No matter what happens in the world, politics, weather, work etc. Either going the way I want, or not, doesn't match up to how much my family means to me.
Lindy, Jim, Andrew, Matthew, Becky, Sarah and Kate, you are the garden of my heart. Isn't Spring wonderful?
If only it was spring in Utah, as well. Enjoy it for me!
ReplyDelete